POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glows show through objects? : Re: Glows show through objects? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows show through objects?
From: triple r
Date: 26 Jan 2009 19:20:00
Message: <web.497e527da7c34478ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Thank you!
> That does illustrate the concept quite effectively.
>
> Now my only task is to make that idea work with objects which are unioned
> with glows in one loop and then translated via a second loop to different
> positions.

Instead, I would use vtransform() or something to build an array of the point
coordinates as you build an object *without* glows.  Then go back when the full
object has been built, and just use that in place of the box in my example,
applying it to each glow location.  Whatever you do, don't attempt to use the
macro on each individual piece!

 - Ricky